Saturday 4 August 2012

Love: Topshop Lips!

When Topshop launched their eagerly anticipated make up line back in May 2010 I had been extremely excited to try out some of their products. The first thing I tried was their 'Lips' lipsticks and I haven't looked back!
I currently own four including, Confession, Desert, Pillow Talk and their Crystal lip tint (part of the Sisters of the New Moon collection)

I'll start with Confession, a gorgeous coral red which I think is perfect if you don't feel brave enough to wear a deep red. The colour pay off is excellent in just one coat and I feel like it is very moisturising and who doesn't love that? This is definitely my go-to lipstick for a night out as it compliments a variety of different outfits.

 Next up is Desert. I bought this particular lipstick as I had been looking for a perfect neutral colour which wouldn't wash me out (as i'm naturally very pale) or leave me with the dreaded foundation lips due to it's warmer tones. This little beauty was the answer. Again, like Confession the pigmentation is great and the lipstick doesn't dry my lips at all. I feel as though the application of this lipstick leaves an almost matte look which I think is lovely especially when wearing a neutral such as this. 
Now for Pillow Talk! I got this lipstick at Christmas and from the packaging I'm assuming it was part of a Christmas collection although I believe they have added Pillow Talk to their core collection so you will still be able to get it. It's a girly light pink, although don't let the colour fool you; it is just as pigmented as the other lipsticks. I'm not sure if it's just me but I find it a little less matte in appearance. It's very smooth on application too.
And now for the show stopper, Crystal! Part of the 'Sisters of the New Moon' collection, this magical lip tint reacts to your skin to create a unique shade. The swatch below doesn't so it justice as it does change on your lips to give a natural flush of colour. I have to admit the main reason I bought this was for the gorgeous packaging and how sparkly it looks! (The sparkles don't transfer onto your lips)



(Top to bottom: Pillow Talk, Desert, Confession, Crystal)

I will most definitely be picking up more of these in the future! Well done Topshop

Catherine, xo







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...